How To Create A Social Media App
Social media applications have taken up a great part of our lives and dominated the application market. With the rapid adoption of smartphones worldwide, there have emerged opportunities for social media apps with superior, advanced features.
As a result, many entrepreneurs cannot miss the chance of being part of something big and that’s why many are thinking of building a social media application to join a wave of successful enterpreneurs. So, if you’re one of these people, you’re right to be reading this post. I will tell you exactly how to create a social media app for your target audience.
What are the Different Types of Social Media Apps?
Let’s first identify the different types of social media applications. This will help you know what specific niche you’re going to venture into and what big competitors are waiting for you. So, the following are the most common types of social media to know about:
What are the Specific Types of Social Media Applications?
- Social network apps – These help you connect and interact with other people online. For instance, social networking apps can be used for personal needs (Twitter and Facebook) and professional needs (LinkedIn).
- Media sharing networks – Media sharing networks help users share different kinds of media files such as photos, images, documents, and GIF files.
- Networks for consumer reviews – Used by customers to find and review brands and businesses they have used before.
- Community and discussion forums – Great avenues for asking questions and receiving honest reviews.
- Blogging and publishing platforms – Allow users to create their pages, publish and manage their content.
- Bookmarking and content curation networks – These networks allow users to create their content, view and save the content of other users.
- Interest-based networks – These networks unite people with similar interests.
- Anonymous social networks – These are synonymous with teens. These apps let teens convey information and communicate with each other. Some of the apps in this category include Ask.fm, Steams, Yik Yak, Whisper, Popcorn Messaging, and After School.
How To Create a Social Media App
In this section, we review the best practices for social media app design. So, the following are the simple rules you should follow when creating a functional social media app.
- Shades of blue – It’s advisable to use shades of blue because they are considered less offensive and less annoying.
- Navigation consistency – Use the same navigation bar with notifications, search functions, and profile icons throughout the app and on every screen.
- Similar to any device – The design of the social media app must be adapted to a specific platform for users to feel comfortable using the apps on different devices or endpoints
- Smooth switch – Smooth switch from a web app to a mobile app design, therefore making the user experience similar across all platforms.
- Round profile pictures – Round profile pictures help focus on the user’s image, thus making it easier to remember or distinguish them from others in the social media list.
- Infinite scroll of posts
- A simple search of relevant content and users
- Quick sign-in and entry without signing up
Why Choose NS804 Social Media App Builder?
NS804 is a leading app builder that helps developers and typical users create a compelling social media app. The social media design platform helps users evaluate their needs and instantly create a social media app. In addition, the NS804 offers customer-deployed, intuitive tools that are most favored by developers. So, you may check NS804 and find what mobile app development services you can use for your next app development project.