The Importance of User Acquisition and Retention
Building a functional app is only the beginning of the journey. Once available, app developers need to attract users to the finished product. A task accomplished through a series of tactics and strategies known as user acquisition.
While user acquisition is aimed at gaining new users, user retention is the other side of the coin. In other words, keeping the acquired users. There are many strategies related to boosting user acquisition and user retention. Yet these tactics are always evolving.
It’s important to stay up to date on the latest in user acquisition and user retention.
Five of the Latest User Acquisition Strategies
CleverTap lists 10 of the most impactful user acquisition strategies. Let’s take a closer look at five of those 10.
- App Store Optimization – Discussed in NS804’s original post on boosting UA, app store optimization is a vital strategy in user acquisition. There are many ways to optimize for the app store. Including updating keywords, and logos, and other media associated. Keeping these elements updated will help continuously attract new users.
- Organic Mobile User – This is a newer model of user acquisition. Essentially, it is the leveraging of existing social media channels and the brand online presence to funnel traffic to the mobile app. Twitter, Facebook, and any social media platform can direct users to the mobile app. Additionally, paid advertising can accompany organic mobile user strategies to further drive results.
The Last Three
- Influencer Marketing – Influencer marketing is also a product of the new age. Going hand-in-hand with organic mobile user acquisition strategies, influencer marketing has become quite powerful. The endorsement from well-known celebrities or personalities can drive hundreds of thousands of users to a mobile app.
- Traditional Marketing – Sometimes however, the traditional way of doing something is still one of the best ways. There are a myriad of traditional marketing techniques that are still very powerful and impactful. Incorporating email marketing, traditional content-marketing, and more broad avenues of paid advertising are still great ways for mobile apps to gain exposure and acquire new users.
- Referrals and Invites – Word of mouth is still one of the most powerful and influential factors out there. No matter the market or product or service. Word of mouth can make a business thrive, or make a business dive, so to speak. Providing a strong user experience will encourage users to tell their friends, post through social media, and garner more natural traffic to your mobile app.
Now More Than Ever
Especially in the world today with the reality of COVID-19 still ruling the globe, consumers and mobile app users are banding together like never before. Composing a strong user acquisition and user retention strategy is more important now, with record numbers of mobile app users hitting the app stores for everything from entertainment to community, and connection.
NS804 is dedicated to making mobile app development and mobile app design services available to anyone with a great idea. Visit NS804 today and get in touch to get the conversation about your mobile app project started.