App developers are now capturing children’s imagination by making learning fun through cool, educational apps. Today, there are many educational apps for children that make screen time beneficial. Your children’s skills will increase across a variety of topics and regions with the aid of these apps. There are study apps for practically any subject, from science to social studies and foreign languages.
This post brings you the best 9 education apps for children:
1. Khan Academy
This app is free and packed with a number of programs for children of all ages. It is one of the best education apps for children. For the majority of disciplines, Khan Academy provides YouTube tutorials.
There are comprehensive visuals for different classes, including math, business studies, science, AP courses, arts, humanities and exam preparation. Students can work at their own pace and use visually appealing content like images, maps, and other visuals. Khan Academy is well-liked by students, parents, and teachers.
- Interactive learning path that supports learning at the child’s pace
- Provides a wide range of topics
- Suitable for basic and supplemental education
- Junior version available for learners under five years
This app remains critically underpinning for offering diverse learning opportunities on a wide range of topics.
2. PBS Kids Games
The PBS Kids app is perfect if you want your child to experience learning through play. Kids can pick from hundreds of games that cover a range of topics, including arithmetic, reading, language, and science.
PBS Kids Games contains features that allow parents to be on the lookout for their children’s actions and performance. Parents can also manage their accounts to provide their kids with a safe and secure environment.
- Regular updates with new games
- Offline games available to play on the go
- Friendly and secure playing experience
- Relatable characters inspired by popular shows
This app remains the coolest app for experiencing learning through play.
How do you say “hi” in Portuguese? Children and adults can master many different languages that Duolingo presently provides. Children are kept interested and engaged through constant feedback and simple lessons with fun online learning material. One of the most well-liked educational apps available today is Duolingo. It has a system that enables children and adults to learn a new language at a personalized pace.
This cool app uses technology to provide individualized instruction and private tutoring for over 30 foreign languages. There are a variety of different games to play that will test your writing, speaking, and reading skills.
- Uses scientifically established teaching techniques that promote long-term language retention
- Tracking progress and achieving goals is made exciting with incentives and achievements
- Fun characters and game-like courses make sessions productive and amusing
- Ideal for children and adults
Duolingo is perhaps the most intuitive language app for honing linguistic skills in children.
Hopscotch is a programming app ideal for beginners to explore and learn the basics. The app allows children to design programs with vibrant characters using the drag-and-drop editor.
Kids can create amusing characters that move, change looks, and respond to commands using a comparatively basic platform. By selecting characters, they may personalize their programs. They can also save and share their creations with the Hopscotch society, as well as leave comments on and play other people’s works.
It is a fantastic method for children to express their creativity and begin learning about computer programming without worrying about complex, technical code language. Kids can go from this basic coding app to more difficult ones like Scratch on a desktop or laptop.
- Child-based programming
- Offers play-along video instructions
- Supports creativity through art, tales, and games
- Provides children’s privacy and security
5. Elmo Loves 123
Elmo Loves 123 is a great app for preschool, kindergarten, and older kids. With this app, children can learn to trace and recognize their numbers and eventually add and subtract, which makes learning numbers much more fun.
It is jam-packed with exercises and games. The app includes videos and coloring pages to enhance the joy and excitement of the experience. It also captures snippets from the original Sesame Street program.
Parents can also use a tracker to keep tabs on their kids’ academic progress. The latest version offers the highest level of parental security.
- Children can discover new features by tracing favorite numbers
- To unlock the number of games with Abby and friends, press the Abby button
- Sessions include number tracing, object identification, and group object counting
- Children can learn to solve problems, create art, and be creative
This app can make the difference between learning at home and attending conventional schooling. It offers far more content than what’s offered in conventional kindergarten schools.
Children under 12 years can access this digital library on their mobile devices. Epic allows its users access to more than 40,000 high-quality books. Even more reading tests and educational movies are available in this infinite library. Kids may take this digital library with them everywhere they go, expanding their knowledge bank. This app is ideal if you wish to improve your child’s reading habits and skills.
- Provides users with four customizable child profiles
- Considers children’s reading preferences to provide individualized book recommendations
- Provides multilingual books and read-aloud novels
- Children can read both offline and online
The fact that children can read both offline and online makes Epic a darling for many.
7. ABC Mouse
ABC Mouse has numerous interactive reading, math, science, and art-related games, exercises, and movies. In addition, it is a multi-platform program that works on both computers and mobile devices. The program provides animated videos, games, novels, music, crosswords, and coloring pages. It includes the full curriculum. However, because it is not a formal educational setting, your child can progress at his or her rate.
- Complete online curriculum
- Step-by-step learning paths
- Entertaining visual material and activities
- Allows for progress tracking
ABC Mouse remains one of the most integrated and educationally-diverse apps for children.
8. Prodigy Math Game
Ideal for children at elementary level and over, the Prodigy app adopts a fun fantasy approach. The role-playing game encourages kids to tackle more math problems as they advance through the levels.
Students tackle curriculum-based problems to complete adventure quests, win battles and earn rewards. Prodigy Math Game’s flexible algorithm is designed to adapt to the student’s level of learning. The personalized approach ensures kids stay engaged and do not get frustrated by tough questions.
- All lessons are in line with the curriculum
- With more than 1,400 skills available, children can study more and become stronger in the topic
- Parent accounts enable tracking of the child’s development and comprehension
- While children practice math, there are possibilities for setting goals
Prodigy Math Game remains a leading app for honing mathematical skills in children.
9. YouTube Kids
YouTube Kids provides a more protected and secure setting for kids to view all the fun, educational videos they adore. They will learn new and interesting stuff, and you will feel more at ease.
Parental powers allow the limitation of children’s screen time. Adults can also control the information their children consume and sort according to age. The app is loaded with entertaining videos ranging from science activities to funny cartoons for different age groups.
- Parental powers allow you to control how your child uses apps
- Movies that encourage inner creativity and playfulness
- For their children, adults can design a particular experience that is special
- Guarantees security from inappropriate content
There is no doubt that children love spending time on digital devices. Most of the time is spent playing games or watching funny videos and cartoons. It is time to squeeze learning and fun into that screen time with these amazing education apps.
NS804 – Streamlining Your Educational Apps For Children!
NS804 is a trusted provider of superior mobile app design solutions. As experts in the design of mobile apps for organizations across multiple sectors – finance, insurance, manufacturing, legal, entertainment, healthcare, and retail – NS804 now provides children’s mobile app development solutions.
So, if you’re looking forward to developing the best education app for children, look no further!
NS804 is your number one, trusted mobile app developer!